Chapter 4:- SOCIAL MEDIA ADs
Basic to Advance
Chapter 4:- SOCIAL MEDIA ADs
Basic to Advance
Explore All Chapters ->
Social Media Advertising/ Paid Ads in 2020
Social media is a necessary tool now days to reach new potential customers. Almost every business wants to use the power of social media to boost sales and awareness among their audience.
One way to do this is by increasing audience engagement organically (without paying). But honestly it takes time to grow on social media.
Another way you can consider is to use social media ads. One surely will have to put some real money on table before talking paid ads here but it will also bring you more sales with quality and quantity that too FAST THAN EVER.
Here you are going to learn out-and-out of social media ads, how to interpret insights and much more.
Almost all the Social Media provides the feature of Paid Ads that you can use to boost your business online. But wait!! Do you have a plan or Strategy for your Social Media Campaign? Do you have a proper goal or objective? Do you know which platforms your audience spend most time on? Do you know which sites perform better? What you ideal customer looks like?
So before getting flooded with unanswered question let us start with basics.
WHAT AND HOW TO CHOOSE A PLATFORM
There are several social sites like Facebook, instagram, Snapchat, twitter and many more that you can use. So how would you decide which platform/s to choose for your business campaign?
The answer is ANALYTICAL INSIGHTS.
It is nothing but observing your target audience. Analyse who is your target audience and where do they spend most of their time. If you have a product for young teenagers your most likable option should be Instagram, snapchat or even twitter. If your target customer ages between 35-45 then you should most probably go with facebook.
If you want to know more insights about it then Visit this site.
So let’s get started with different SOCIAL MEDIA ADS.
One of the most important things you need to consider in social media ads is the CAA rule of advertising (no its not co-curricular activities J ). It consists of
Conversion – It basically signifies the amount of people who completed a goal like joining a community or subscribing to your newsletter or making a purchase anything. It is the last part of user journey.
Consideration – It means engaging audience in various forms like Infographics, videos, photos at different platforms or encouraging visitors for views or app installs anything.
Awareness – It means to build brand awareness and to increase reach and impressions amongst followers.
Now, since you have pretty much grip on basics of social media ads platform and planning lets dive deeper into each of the network.
When it comes to social media ads Youtube as following goals
- Generating potential leads for business
- Make sure to increase traffic on website
- Multiple brand awareness
- Develop product consideration among users.
Twitter, for its sponsored posts have different goals. These are
- Website clicks :These are basically those Tweets to encourage people to come and take action on your website. You’re charged per click
- Tweet engagements :These are those Tweets with the goal of starting conversations about your brand. You pay for the initial engagement.
- Followers : You can promote your Twitter account and pay per follower gained.
- Awareness : You can promote your Tweets to a broad audience and pay for impressions (CPM).
- App installs : You can promote your Tweets with App Cards and pay per click to install your app.
Linked in is widely used by professionals. So if you are a B2B business linked in might be the best option for you to start with paid ads. Also it covers the gap between job givers and job seekers. It is one of the best community of online professionals.
- Paid ads – These are placed on the user timeline so that you are easily showcased to target audience. It is done for both mobile and desktop device
- Sponsored mail – This is probably the most unique feature of linked in. It consists of messages that you want your audience to read. These messages are shown to users in linked in message inbox that too only when they are active.
- Text ads – These are just texts at the top right of the news feed. It conveys your message to users and increase brand awareness. It works only in desktop devices.
With more than 2 billion users, Facebook is one of the favourite platform for businesses to reach out potential customers via ads.
There are different types of Facebook ads that you can use according to your business needs and campaign objectives.
- Photo ads – photo ads are shown in Facebook feed of the user. Your photos should be engaging, user friendly and convey your message effectively. If possible also include a call-to-action for users to know what they should do next in order to purchase your product.
- Video ads – If you can provide video ads giving out the word about your company and its product it would work the best. It can be a short 30 sec video or as long as 240min detailed video. It can easily help you go viral and boost customer reach.
- Stories ads – These are used mainly for a limited time offer on your products as stories keep up only for 24hrs. story can be of great use when you have to get your word out for single day offers. It also costs low compared to other ad forms.
- Carousel ads – It is much like photo ads but more than one photos are included in a single ad post. These are good option for advertising different products of same niche. It can also be used for describing how-to-use instruction for user.
- Slideshow ads – If you do not have budget for a high quality video than slideshow is the best option for you. These ads are not exactly videos but are moving photos. According to a research, Motion ads prove to be more lead generators than static ads like photos. So if you want to increase engagement use slideshow ads.
- Messenger ads – These ads are shown in messenger chat box and are targeted to your potential customer via keyword. It can really increase your brand awareness and also help to boost sales.
- Photo ads – These can be shown at timeline of the user or stories section. Photos should be eye attractive and also should be placed in such a way that it grabs visitors attention so as to click it and come to your website.
- Video ads – These are also placed either at story section or news feed. If content in your video is really good and adds value to your audience you will get more recognized.
- Carousel ads – These ads are shown only on news feed section and generally is used to showcase different products from same brand. This reduces the cost of each ad and conveys more brand awareness of different products.
Digipple is your one step marketing solution. We help businesses skyrocket their revenue from Digital Channels with our Digital Marketing services. We reveal brands present in the businesses with Digital Branding to Make them thrive.